In this review we take a closer look at the Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner to see why it is a best selling carpet cleaner on Amazon and what makes it so special.
This great machine is perfect for smaller homes where you need easy maneuverability, quick set up and go ability and knowing it will do a great job at keeping your carpets, stairs and upholstery really clean.
Don’t underestimate the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe because it is better suited to smaller homes and has a very affordable price tag (yes!) – it is a cleaning powerhouse and repeatedly out performs rental carpet cleaners.
Features of the Hoover FH50150
- The Hoover FH50150 does an impressive job of washing and then rinsing carpets, stairs and upholstery.
- It weighs just over 18 pounds and has 4 handy places/handles to grab hold of to make it super easy to move around. The power cable is 20 foot long and winds up at the back for easy storage.
- It comes with a handy SpinScrub Powered Hand Tool, Stair Tool, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool, 16 oz Cleaning Solution and a Mesh Tool Storage Bag that sports a handy hook so that you can hang it in your storage cupboard.
- It has two tanks to keep clean and dirty water separate. This ensures easy filling, emptying and rinsing of the tanks. You will never have to face dirty tanks again as it is possible to reach inside the tanks to clean them.
- The Hoover FH50150 allows you to add the cleaning detergent and water separately to the tank and then mixes it automatically. No calculation or guessing needed to get the mixture just right anymore.
- It not only washes but has a rinse option to use afterwards to remove left behind detergent so that the slightly stiff fibers thing that happens sometimes are a thing of the past.
- The 11.25″ nozzle provides equal and surprisingly strong suction to remove the mixture of water and detergent to leave the carpet surface near dry.
- The SpinScrub Brush System delivers an impressive 360 degree thorough scrub action to clean from every angle to take care of even the toughest dirt and stains.
Emptying the tank with the dirty water is a breeze. When the tank is full and needs to be emptied there is a handy plug that you open to pour the dirty water out before continuing with the cleaning.
After you are done for the day empty the tank a final time and only then remove the lid of the tank to rinse it and the sponge filter out.
For those of us who always felt unhappy with the inability to clean the machine properly and felt disgusted with the stuff that tends to get stuck in the brushes it is good to know that every part of the Hoover FH50150 can be removed, cleaned and put back in place after it has air dried.
The tank that holds the dirty water has a yellow stopper that pops up when the tank is full to let you know that you need to empty it before continuing. Suctioning will stop working until the tank has been emptied. This is a good feature but the stopper tends to pop up when you bump the machine against furniture or a wall as well. Putting the machine on the power cycle resets it but it is irritating.
A work about for is it to remove the mesh filter that sits over the stopper compartment. It is however important to make sure you vacuum the carpet thoroughly before washing the carpet since you won’t have the filter to catch the ‘bits’ that the filter would have caught.
Several uses reported that the hand tool with the spinning brush is not very effective. Most of the suction power is used to spin the brush weakening the suction power that removes the water. The upholstery tool is much more effective when you need to use a hand tool.
Why choose a steam carpet cleaner instead of a regular carpet cleaner? What are the best steam cleaners for cleaning carpets?
Best Carpet Steam Cleaner
This article presents the best steam carpet cleaners and the best rated carpet cleaners that will be perfect for your home or office.
Carpet Steam Cleaner Rental Services
An in depth look at carpet steam cleaner rental services and carpet steam vacuum cleaner rentals. Providing you with the best options if you want to rent a carpet steam cleaner.
Carpet Steam Cleaners Ratings & Reviews
This page will help you decide on the best steam carpet cleaning machines available in the market today by extensively examining consumer reviews and ratings.
Commercial Steam Carpet Cleaners
A guide to help you buy the best commercial steam carpet cleaner for you and your company. We have a look at Daimer and Vapor Clean steamers.
Car Carpet Steam Cleaners
How to clean your vehicle using car carpet steamers. Your car is your pride and joy, so make sure you choose a well known and trusted car carpet steam cleaner to treat her as you should.
Stanley Steam Cleaners: Honest Stanley Steemer Reviews
Stanley steam cleaners have been known for 60 years and counting. We provide unbiased Stanley Steemer reviews so you can decide for yourself.
Carpet Cleaning Solution Reviews: Best Carpet Cleaning Solutions & Homemade Steam Cleaner Solution
Want to know the best carpet cleaning solution available? We look at carpet cleaning solutions for pet stains, using vinegar, green and natural methods, commercial, professional and brand names.
Thermax Carpet Cleaner: Thermax Carpet Cleaner Reviews
A review of Thermax carpet cleaners and a close look at their Thermax carpet cleaner rental offerings.
Portable Carpet Steam Cleaner Reviews: The Best Portable Carpet Steam Cleaner
We review the best portable carpet steam cleaner on the market. These include the mighty portable carpet steam cleaning machines, Bissell Spot Bot and more.
Steam Cleaning Carpet: Steam Carpet Cleaning Tips & Tricks You Don’t Want To Miss
We reveal steam cleaning carpet tips that will make your cleaning more efficient and a whole lot easier. How? By using carpet cleaner steam units which are more effective than traditional methods.
Steam Carpet Cleaners: 6 Factors To Know Before Buying A Steam Carpet Cleaner
The main factors you should know about before choosing steam carpet cleaners. We also conduct reviews of carpet steamers that are the best rated.
Carpet Steam Cleaning Equipment & Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines Reviews
We look at carpet steam cleaning equipment and machines that can be used in your home, office or factory. This article will detail all of your options so you never have to make an uninformed choice ever again!
Rug Steam Cleaners: Rug Steam Cleaner Reviews & Cheap Rug Doctor Steam Cleaner
We review various rug steam cleaners as well as the Rug Doctor cleaning service. After renting a rug doctor, you can also buy one. We will look at cheap rug doctor models as well as the most effective ones.